City Hall Art Selection
The Cherry Hills Village Art Commission is excited to announce they will be recommending approval for a new sculpture in front of City Hall at the next in-person City Council meeting. After spending months reviewing art of various styles, materials and artists, the CHVAC has selected artist Gilberto Romero’s sculpture, Gusto.
Gilberto Romero works primarily with metal and stone. Through his shape, line, color and use of negative and positive space, viewers can experience freedom, flow and playful wonderment. He is an avid outdoorsman and finds the majority of his inspiration from nature. “I see shapes everywhere”, he stated during his interview with the CHVAC, his patient nature helps him listen as the stones “speak” with the possibility of becoming part of a future piece.
Gusto will be mounted on a 2-inch stainless steel bearing that allows the sculpture to turn and will be made from fabricated bronze. A rendering of the sculpture in front of City Hall is below. The piece is part of Gilberto’s existing collection and will be installed within weeks if approved at the next in-person City Council meeting. Click here to view Council meeting agendas and packets.
Public Art Notifications
Public Art App
The Cherry Hills Public Art app is now available! Download it from the App Store by searching for "Cherry Hills Public Art."
Artist: Wayne Salge
- Art Piece: "Really" (sculpture)
- Location: southwest corner of E. Quincy Avenue and Meade Lane
- Dedicated: summer 2019
- Status: on loan until summer 2021
Artist: James Surls
- Art Piece: "Big Bronze Walking Eye Flower" (sculpture)
- Location: Northwest corner of Quincy and University (City Park)
- Dedicated: July 2018
- Status: on loan until July 2020
- Watch an interview with the artist
Artist: Robert Mangold
- Art Piece: Untitled (sculpture)
- Location: Quincy Farm (no public access at this time)
- Dedicated: February 2018
- Status: Donated to the City
Artist: Emmett Culligan
- Art Piece: "Rubric Series Number 6" (sculpture)
- Location: Northeast Corner of Joint Public Safety Facility
2460 E Quincy Avenue
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113
- Dedication: October 2016
- Status: Purchased in November 2016