Mandatory Court Appearance
Mandatory Appearance Violations
- Violations that are 6 points or more
- Any driver cited for being involved in an accident
- Driving on a suspended or cancelled driver's license
- When a minor receives any violation
- Must appear with a parent
- Driving without valid proof of insurance
- Any citation marked mandatory by a police officer
- When a driver has 3 or more citations in a 12 month period
- When a driver has 2 or more charges on one citation
- When a driver is cited with careless driving (even if an accident was not involved)
Prosecuting Attorney Consultation
Every defendant will have the opportunity to speak with either Prosecuting Attorney J. Andrew Ausmus or Christy Ausmus prior to going before the Municipal Court Judge. All fines assessed by the Judge will include $25 for court costs and surcharges.
Scheduling Your Court Appearance
Municipal Court is held twice a month on Wednesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. or 9:30 a.m. All court appearances need to be scheduled in advance. To schedule your appearance, please call the Municipal Court Clerk Terri Littleford at 303-783-2720 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
"No Insurance" Citations
If you were cited with "No Proof of Insurance", you will need to provide proof of insurance before appearing on your scheduled court date. You can fax your proof of insurance to 303-761-9386 or e-mail it to the court. The Municipal Court Clerk will verify the insurance by contacting the insurance agent listed in the proof provided.