Current Leashing Requirements
Before June 2003, the Highline Canal Trail was the only place in Cherry Hills Village where dogs were required to be leashed. In June 2003, the Cherry Hills City Council adopted a leash law for the entire city (Municipal Code article 7-5-330). The law requires a dog to be leashed at all times when off its own property. Your dog must be physically controlled by you.
Removal of Dog Waste Products
Remember, picking up after your dog is also the law (article 7-5-210). Doggie bag stations have been placed throughout the City for your convenience.
Where to Walk Your Dog Off Leash
- Berkeley Park at 46th Avenue and W Tennyson Street
- Fuller Park at Gilpin Street and E 28th Avenue
- Green Valley Ranch East Park at Jebel Street and 45th Avenue
- Barnum Park at Federal Blvd and W Fifth Avenue
- Kennedy Park at S Havana Street and E Hampden Avenue
- Englewood Canine Corral at 4848 S Windermere, on the west side of Belleview Park
- Centennial Park at 4630 S Decatur
- Duncan Park at 4880 S Pennsylvania
- Jason Park at 4299 S Jason Street
- NW Greenbelt at Vasar and Tejon
- Cherry Creek State Park at Orchard and Parker Road
- Dog Park west of Quincy Reservoir, just east of Pitkin Street
- Chatfield State Park, located at State Highway C-470 and Wadsworth Boulevard
For more information on dog parks in the Metro area, visit the Dog Park website. We hope you and your pets will enjoy our beautiful city.