The next regular municipal election will be November 2024.
The Cherry Hills Village City Council includes a Mayor and 6 Council members, one from each of the City's six Council districts (PDF). Per Section 2.5 of the Home Rule Charter all positions are elected at-large, meaning all registered electors in the City may vote for one candidate for each of the positions on the ballot. All municipal elections are nonpartisan and nomination is accomplished by petition.
The City conducts its regular municipal election every two years, in even-numbered years, on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The City coordinates with Arapahoe County for regular elections. Cherry Hills Village has staggered terms at which time residents vote for either the Mayor and Districts 1, 3, and 5 or the Mayor and Districts 2, 4, and 6, dependent on the election year. View past years' election results.
- At least 21 years old
- Citizen of the United States
- Resident of Cherry Hills Village for at least 12 consecutive months preceding the date of the election
- Qualified elector
- Resident of the district the candidate wants to represent. Any person elected to office must continue to live within the district for which he or she was elected throughout the term of office. The mayor need only continue to live within the city. View the Council District Map (PDF).
Term Starts & Limits
Terms commence at the first Council meeting in January following the election, called the Organizational Meeting.
The person elected as Mayor will serve two-year terms of office. Each Mayor is limited to three consecutive terms. The persons elected as Council members will serve four-year terms of office. Each Council member is limited to two consecutive terms.
Becoming a Candidate
All municipal elections are nonpartisan and nomination is accomplished by petition. In order to become a candidate a resident must collect the required number of signatures on their nomination petition, and submit the appropriate candidate affidavits.
- Mayor: Not fewer than 25 registered electors residing within the City of Cherry Hills Village
- Council member: Not fewer than 10 registered electors residing within the District
The City provides a Candidate Packet and Candidate Information Session at the beginning of August before each regular municipal election. The next regular municipal election will be November 2024.