Sales Tax Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need a sales tax license? If your business does not have a physical store front located within the Cherry Hills Village City limits, you do not need a sales tax or business license. We only issue a business and sales tax license if you have a physical store front in the City.
- Can I change my filing status? The City's code only allows for monthly or quarterly filing. The code does not allow annual filings or one time remittances. If you would like to change your filing status, please email the business name, Federal Tax ID number and the request to change the filing status to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation email when the request is approved.
- Does the City require zero returns? Yes, you must file a zero return on a monthly or quarterly basis. Please see below on how to submit the zero return. You do not need to go through Xpress Bill Pay. Xpress Bill Pay is only used when submitting a payment online.
- Where do I send my remittance form? You can email your remittance form to email@example.com, upload the form via WeTransfer here or mail your form to Cherry Hills Village Sales Tax 2450 East Quincy Avenue Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113.
- How do I pay the sales tax I have collected? If you are emailing or uploading your remittance form, you can make the payment online here through Xpress Bill Pay. If you are mailing your remittance form, you can include a check or money order.
- I am trying to register with Xpress Bill Pay and it is asking me for an account number, where do I find my account number? Cherry Hills Village did not purchase the full sales tax module from Xpress Bill Pay. Xpress Bill Pay created a one time payment site so the City can collect online payments. You will be unable to link your existing Xpress Bill Pay account to Cherry Hills Village. The one time payment site will only ask for your Federal Tax ID number.
- I need to update the address or contact information you have on file, how can I do this? You can email the updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the business name and the Federal Tax ID number. You will receive a confirmation email when the updated information has been received.
- I am no longer collecting sales tax, how can I close my account? You can email your request to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the business name, the Federal Tax ID number and the reason for the request. You will receive a confirmation email when the account has been closed.
- Who can I contact if I have additional questions? You can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303) 783-2730.